So what is Zalaco all about? Well the name is simple enough to explain. When I decided to blaze my own path, I wanted a name that captured what this was all about. Ultimately, Zalaco LLC is intended to be a family business. That means me (Zack) and my wife (Laura). So Zalaco is really short for “Zack and Laura’s Company.” I’m the person you’re likely to email with or talk to on the phone, but Laura keeps track of all the business stuff behind the scenes while also serving as an adjunct professor in the Health Information Management Department at UCF.
So why run our own business? I was never content working at large companies for other people. I much prefer working hand-in-hand with clients and delivering real value that makes their life better in some way. For us, running our business provides us the freedom and flexibility we desire. Personally, it allows me to be passionate about the projects I work on. The buck stops here and that’s how I like it.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering – University of Central Florida – ’03
- M.B.A – University of Central Florida – ’10
- Mechanical Engineer – Lockheed Martin (’03-’09)
- Mechanical Engineer – FLIR Systems (’09-’12)
- Owner and Principal at Zalaco (’13-Present)
- Service Line Manager – Orlando Health – (’05-’11)
- Adjunct Professor – University of Central Florida – (’12-’13)
- Owner and Controller at Zalaco (’13-Present)
- President of CFHIMA